About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, Honeywell, McKesson, The Water Council and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
Nelson Schmidt is seeking a highly driven digital producer to join our team. As a digital producer, you will manage scheduling, budgets, workflow and quality of digital projects with exceptional attention to detail. You will collaborate with colleagues across the agency, including creative, strategy, account leadership, UX and UI design and others. You must be a self-starter who can be responsible for exceptional execution of projects on multiple accounts.
The digital producer will provide production expertise and digital advertising insights at every opportunity—from concept development to execution. You must possess a passion for digital work, exhibit a curiosity for the application of innovative technologies and data-driven creative and be an uncompromising advocate for outstanding user experience and business results. You will help to advance projects of all types into exciting new arenas; as such, you will need to thrive in a culture of problem solvers and makers and be committed to producing ideas that make a business difference.
You will lead and manage digital projects including, but not limited to, website design and development, asset creation for paid media, application development and experiential marketing. You will help to educate colleagues as well as clients on best practices, technical and operational feasibility and digital opportunities.
- Creation of comprehensive timelines and estimates for digital projects.
- Daily supervision and monitoring of workflow and managing timelines and status updates.
- Partner with appropriate agency counterparts to manage personnel resources and schedules to ensure timely delivery of work.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Daily use of project/asset management software such as BaseCamp, Trello, Slack and others.
- Creation of documentation that facilitates information flow related to projects.
- Monitor and reconcile hours estimated against hours consumed to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Conduct weekly project status meetings with Creative, Production, and Account Service departments to discuss work and manage expectations.
- Work with account and functional leads to develop and manage scopes of work and budgets varying in size from small one-off projects to large-scale projects and campaigns.
- Create and manage a project plan with long- and short-term timelines, with an understanding of prioritizing resources and tasks.
- Support the creative process by participating in the assessment of feasibility of proposed solutions and influences creative by identifying digital opportunities
- Develop accurate and thorough project plans, schedules, RFPs, SOWs, documentation and specs as needed.
- Clearly communicate timelines, budgets, deliverables, goals and expectations with internal team members, external partners and clients.
- 5 years minimum of advanced digital production or technical project management experience demonstrating successful execution of projects from kick-off to completion (agency environment preferred).
- Comprehensive understanding of digital process (e.g., design and development of a website) and campaign lifecycle.
- Ability to multitask and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, accounts, project managers, IT, business affairs and finance.
- Effective working both independently and as a team member; demonstrates autonomy over assigned work while working toward goals shared by the team.
- Knowledge of web-based design, SEO, content creation and web development together with the processes and mileposts of such projects is required.
- Is a natural leader and problem solver, who takes pride in their contributions, commands respect and requires a level of control and ownership.
- Demonstrates competency for multi-tasking without losing sight of priorities and goals.
- Confidently develops timelines, estimates and project status reports to optimize process.
- Possesses effective communication and collaboration skills with internal teams and clients.
- Is both persuasive and flexible and is able to work in a high-expectation/fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong skills implementing and enforcing internal process and procedures.
- Understands the disciplines within a full-service agency including account management, media, production services, public relations, direct marketing, creative and interactive.
- Is equally comfortable scoping and estimating digital and traditional projects.
- Understands the importance of balancing client needs and expectations with the agency's ability to produce superior work.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401K plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.